Stuttgarter Hymnus-Chorknaben (the Boys' Hymn-choir of Stuttgart) was founded originally in Stuttgart, Germany, in 1900. Its history was interrupted by the Third Reich and WWII, but the choir re-formed in 1946 under director Professor Gerhard Wilhelm. Since 1987, it has been directed by Eckhard Weyand. In 1971, after various provisional arrangements, the choir acquired its own home, a dedicated choral facility in Stuttgart. Its membership includes 8- to 14-year-old boys along with older youths, who mostly belonged to the choir as boys.